Monday, March 20, 2017

So Much

Yes, much has happened since last I posted.

At the beginning of the month we played an Art Hop show with our friends Pro Wings from Hanford. It was an overall pleasant show. If you're a fan of Real Estate, you will love Pro Wings. They're great.

We also visited the Downing Planetarium located on the Fresno State University campus. I had never been to one, so it was pretty exciting.

I happened to have a couple of days off from work so, it seemed natural to take a road trip. We decided to go to Disneyland. Sam hadn't been there since he was a toddler and it had been quite a few years since I had visited. It was so much fun! I remember visiting Disneyland with my family and always feeling an enormous amount of anxiety. I had a terrible fear of getting lost and I seemed to get lost a lot. Probably because of my short attention span. I'm easily distracted, what can I say? I remember some family members making me feel really bad about it too. I hated being put in that position. As the one who ruins it for everyone, or at least that's how I was made to feel. It wasn't always so bad, but I don't really look back at those years fondly. This was the first time Sam and I had gone to Disneyland together. We made plans to get on as many attractions as possible but ended up spending a good portion of the day in Tomorrowland. I found the most perfect Mickey ears and we got to watch little padawans in training. Towards the end of the night we had finally made our way to The Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. There were no lines so we were able to hop on rides with ease and little to no wait! It was wonderful. It probably wasn't such a good idea to get on Splash Mountain so late because I got to sit in the front and got fully drenched. I mean drenched. My sweater didn't completely dry until the next afternoon! We ended the night walking around Downtown Disney and spending money like we had it. Bought lightsabers and junk food. Our feet were hurting something fierce but we decided that if they didn't hurt so much in the morning, we'd try to hit up Universal Studios.

After a decent nights sleep on a fluffy hotel bed it was agreed that going to Universal Studios wouldn't be such a bad idea. It was sunny but not too hot. Again, there were hardly any lines for the rides and attractions so we were able to get through the park in no time at all. Most of our time was spent in the Springfield area. The Simpsons were life growing up so it was definitely surreal walking into Moe's and eating at Krusty Burger. The Harry Potter area was so cool too. Anyway, it was a super fun couple of days and I'm glad we went to both parks.

Then last week we went on the same hike I had gone on with the BGHK. It was a light easy hike and perfect for the warm day we seemed to be having. It's the San Joaquin River Gorge loop trail. It was even more beautiful this time around because all of the lavender had begun to bloom and the air smelled so sweet. On the ride home, there was a calf nursing with her mom on the side of the road and it was sooooo cute! A truly lovely day.

P.S.

It breaks my heart to see what is happening to my country. Please look out for each other. Keep ICE out and stay safe out there friends. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment