Friday, August 25, 2017

All of the Fests!! Pt. 3

Night Three // Two Shows!

After checking out of the hotel, getting some food, coffee and parking. We headed out to the 1-2-3-4 Go! Records for the third show of the fest. Booked as a Slumberland Records Showcase, I knew this was a MUST NOT MISS show.

Slumberland Records have been keeping it foolish since 1989 and have put out some of my most loved records. Their library consists of a murders' row of indie pop. Bands like Black Tambourine, Velocity Girl, Go Sailor, Henry's Dress, The Softies and newer bands like Veronica Falls, Tony Molina, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart and especially my absolute favorite (and featured in a previous post) Terry Malts. It's a dream label and I can't believe I got to stupidly dance in the same space as Mike Schulman himself!

The line up was:

Kids on a Crime Spree

Real Numbers

Sea Lions

Terry Malts headlining

This was kind of a record release show as well for Terry Malts and Kids on a Crime Spree. They currently have a split called "Our Love" and I was able to pick up a copy from Malt Phil. Of course, I highly recommend picking it up. It's got some juicy jams to please for sure! Anyway, I didn't take not any pictures except for this one just before the show began.

I did however take a video of each band! Except for Terry Malts. I was too busy bobbing up and down to bother with video or pics during their set. Sorry NOT sorry. So here are the videos I took!

It was a great show and there was still one more show to go and we had to play it!

The Golden Bull Bar was the last spot of the fest and we were super lucky to catch some parking directly in front of the venue. Got there early and had a chance to just take some time to chill with friends and make new ones. The final fest line up went as such:

The Plastic Shoelaces

Arts & Leisure

Sci-Fi Caper (us!!!)

Lunch Box

Tashaki Miyaki headlining

Here are the videos I took of each band from the night.

It was a dreamy night. It was a dreamy weekend. All the bands were great. Everyone was so nice. I can't wait to see what the Oakland Popfest will bring next year and I'm gonna be there for it all. I can't thank Claude enough for keeping my little band in mind for this. I've left links all around these posts so please follow them and support the bands. They're all truly wonderful. Thanks for reading!

And how amazing is this flyer!? The artist behind it is Kiki Petiford. She's also the guitarist for Horrible Adorable. I can't wait to play with them at some point. It HAS to happen.

Next up will be the Fresno Zine Fest, follow the link to go to the FB event page for all the details. I'll be there taking pictures and selling my zines under "Pansy Pop". If you live in Fresno, come see me! Sept 2nd//In the Yoshi!Now parking lot//Starts at 12PM. C U There!

No comments:

Post a Comment